San Francisco "Cinderella City"
I don't feel like working at all - I just finished a major project at work and I wish to take the next two months lightly. This weekend would be fun as she would be here. I especially love getting dressed for dinner - I love French and Italian cuisine - I am a culinary connoisseur - Foie Gras and Roasted Duck. Hmm!! I love hanging out in North Beach, San Francisco - I love the ambiance - In some of the restaurants you just sit by the streets and enjoy the strawberry and the champagne. Then there is the carriage ride in the winter with full moon or Coit Tower and the view of San Francisco thro the devil's eyes. I love the city and its diversity. It has a problem which is common to any big city in the world - Parking. Parking is horrendous in San Francisco. Nowadays we usually park our car in Pier 39 and go for a walk down the beach. Just sit in the Park and enjoy the sea and the surroundings - I would love to go the city after such a long time - I can still smell the fishy odor of the roadside stalls. And then there is the blue lagoon hidden behind the hills of Golden Gate Bridge - I have heard about this place but never could find out. It's such a great combination for a city - hills, sea and the fantastic weather - slong with most liberal people in the world. Castro District - China Town - North Beach - Little Italy - 49 miles drive - I have been to Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., New York City, Pittsburgh , L.A - "Nothing compares, Nothing compares to San Francisco" . So, if you are planning to come to Stanford or Berkeley - I am sure you will enjoy this place - all the excitement of Silicon Valley blended with the urbanhood of Berkeley and the scenic beauty of San Francisco - It is paradise on earth. So, if you are deciding based on weather, diversity among urban population, scenic beauty and outdoor activities - then Stanford, Berkeley should top your list.

<< Home